- 1 cup hot cereal, such as oatmeal, barley, or cracked wheat, cooked with 1 cup nonfat milk or soymilk, and topped with ½ sliced banana and ½ cup blueberries.
- 1 cup tea or coffee with 1 tablespoon nonfat milk or soymilk and 1 packet of sugar substitute (a good choice is Spenda).
- Veggie-Roll-Up. Roast or grill 1½ to 2 cups of veggies (such as zucchini, bell peppers, and onions) and roll in 1 whole-wheat wrap with 1 ounce of fat-free cheese. (Good choices of wraps are Garden of Eatin’ and Thin Thin.)
- 1 baked potato with ½ cup vegetarian chili. (Try a canned, low-sodium chili such as Healthy Valley). Other delicious, healthful potato toppers include fat-free sour cream, nonfat ricotta cheese, salsa, nonfat plain yogurt mixed with chives, or red pepper flakes and a teaspoon or two of plant sterol-enriched margarine like Benecol or Promise’s Activ.
- Asian Veggie Stir-Fry. Add 1 to 1½ teaspoons dark sesame oil to a wok. Heat and add 6-ounce bag of cut, washed Asian-style veggies. Stir till cooked al dente, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with chili garlic sauce and 1 to 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce to taste.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple slices
Are potatoes good for you? Yes! Especially if you're trying to lose weight. Learn the research-based facts from the doctors and dietitians at Pritikin. Potatoes Are Good For You
- 1 to 2 cups freshly cut melon, such as cantaloupe, watermelon, or honey dew
- 1 ounce 100% whole-wheat pretzels (Good brand choices are Barbara’s and Martin’s. Check nutrition label to make sure you’re eating just 1 ounce because all pretzels, whole-grain and refined grain alike, are dense with calories.)
- 2 cups mixed salad greens dressed with 2 tablespoons muscot grape vinegar and 1 teaspoon low-fat Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Lobster
- 2 cups of steamed broccoli and baby squash with minced garlic and lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or basmati rice
- Berry Mousse. Blend together till smooth and creamy your favorite fresh berries, silken tofu, Splenda, and a little vanilla extract.
14-Day Meal Plan
Get all 14 days of this healthy meal plan. Get the Meal Plan
For weight loss and good health, enjoy whole fruit, not juice. Day Fourteen Menu