Candy Corn Fruit Cup | Healthy Halloween Treats
Excellent for a Halloween party or for a dessert any time of the year. It’s healthy, sweet, tangy, and oh-so-easy to put together. Makes 4.
- 2 cups mango cubes
- 2 cups clementine segments
- 2 cups fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- Top with zest of clementine
Black Bean Spider Web Soup | Healthy Halloween Treats
For brisk autumn nights, enjoy Pritikin’s rich-tasting, super-healthy Black Bean Soup. If you’d like, add 1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin to your stockpot. To make the spider web, put fat-free sour cream in a squeeze bottle. Starting in the center of each bowl of soup, draw concentric circles, then connect them with a toothpick.
Pritikin Halloween Kabobs | Healthy Halloween Treats
How easy! Simply skewer cantaloupe cubes and blackberries. And so easy for the kids to pick up and snack on! (We’re not guaranteeing they’ll forget the sugary treats in their bags, but these colorful kabobs just may do the trick.)
Chocolate Jack O’Lantern | Healthy Halloween Treats
For spooky, chocolately fun, carve out oranges and fill with Pritikin’s Chocolate Mousse, always a hit in the dining room at the health resort. In this 4-minute cooking video led by Pritikin’s Executive Chef Anthony Stewart, learn how to whip up this healthy mousse.
Regurgitating Watermelon | Healthy Halloween Treats
Here’s a centerpiece your guests will be talking (and chuckling) about long after your party’s over. For the eyes, use sliced zucchini and blueberries. For the watermelon’s “innards,” stuff with just about any fruit you’d like.
Pritikin Pizza Spider | Healthy Halloween Treats
What a great dinner for the kiddos before they take off for treat-or-treating!
- We use individual whole-wheat pizza crusts that our guests at the Pritikin Longevity Center have been raving about for years. They’re available in our Pritikin Online Store.
- For the sauce, use our homemade recipe for Fresh Pritikin Marinara Sauce, or buy bottled varieties of no-salt-added marinara sauce. Good brand choices include: Hunt’s, Muir Glen Organic, Enrico’s, L.E. Roselli, Walnut Acres, and many store brands.
- Simply top each pizza dough with your marinara sauce, then make a spider web using fat-free Monterey Jack cheese.
- In a 450-degree F. oven, bake your pizzas till the crusts are crunchy, about 8 minutes.
Pritikin Fruit Spider | Healthy Halloween Treats
For a side dish or dessert for your Pritikin Pizza Spiders, create a couple of these cute Pritikin Fruit Spiders.
For the head, use a plum. For the eyes, dot with a little fat-free sour cream, then add a couple of currants. For the legs, use blueberries skewered with little bamboo sticks. Here are more healthy Halloween treats and tips for both children and grown-ups.
Veggie Skeleton | Healthy Halloween Treats
Have you ever seen a skeleton with so much personality? Decorate the center of your table with it, then let everyone snack away! The kids will have fun dismembering it!
For the hair…
- Romaine lettuce leaves, kale, or chard
For the head…
- One thick slice of cabbage
- 2 blueberries
- 1 canned roasted red pepper
For the body…
- 4 celery sticks
- 6 carrot sticks
- 4 cauliflower florets
- 9 zucchini slices
- 14 red bell pepper slices
- 12 to 16 sliced mushrooms
- 2 green beans
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 broccoli florets