Qualifying individuals now have two options for participating in the Pritikin ICR Program:
Pritikin Longevity Center, Miami, Florida
You can now take advantage of Pritikin ICR at the renowned Pritikin Longevity Center in Miami, Florida, recognized worldwide as the longest-running, most scientifically-documented lifestyle program for preventing and controlling many of modern society’s diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
The Pritikin Longevity Center is now ready to accept Medicare patients into its ICR Program.
Pritikin ICR at Hospitals in the United States
In the states of Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma, hospitals have been newly licensed to teach the new Medicare-covered outpatient Pritikin Program, called Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation, or Pritikin ICR.
“The Pritikin ICR licensed programs are up and running in the hospitals, and they’re getting great reviews,” says Bob Franceschelli, President of Pritikin IRC.
Like traditional cardiac rehabilitation (CR) programs, Pritikin ICR focuses on exercise. But it also provides comprehensive education in all the key skills that foster a healthy lifestyle, including food shopping, cooking, dining out, and reducing the stress in your life. Bottom Line: You’ll be feeling and living better.
You can take advantage of Pritikin ICR in a residential setting at the Pritikin Longevity Center or in outpatient programs that are currently being set up nationwide in hospitals and other health care facilities.
Participants in Pritikin ICR will learn how to:
- Cook heart-healthy meals that are delicious
- Become smart grocery shoppers
- Order intelligently in restaurants
- Lose weight utilizing science-based skills
- Quit smoking
- Manage stress
- Improve personal and professional relationships
- Transform negative attitudes into positive ones
In the end, you will have gained an in-depth education about the relationship between lifestyle and cardiovascular health. And you’ll be better motivated to live well.
Which participants qualify for Medicare reimbursement of ICR?
The medical conditions that qualify for Medicare reimbursement of ICR are the same as CR. If you have experienced one or more of the following events, and if you have not received Medicare-reimbursed cardiac rehab after your most recent event, you qualify.
- Acute myocardial infarction (within the preceding 12 months only)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (no time limit)
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty or stenting procedure (no time limit)
- Current stable angina pectoris (no time limit)
- Heart or heart-lung transplant (no time limit)
- Heart valve repair or replacement (no time limit)
How do participants enroll in Pritikin ICR?
Please call 1-800.327.4914 or 305.935.7131 if you are interested in enrolling in Pritikin ICR at the Pritikin Longevity Center.
If you wish to learn more about the upcoming outpatient ICR Programs, please call 1-800-677-0257.